Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Barloworld Limited (BAW)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Barloworld Limited (Barloworld) is a provider of automotive equipment. The company distributes international automotive brands and a provider of integrated fleet management, rental, product support and logistics solutions. It distributes cars, trucks, earthmoving and power generation equipment, materials handling equipment. The company also offers various services such as supply chain optimization, logistics management, fleet services, digital disposal solutions, car rentals, and used equipment retail. Barloworld caters its products and services to construction, mining, power, automotive, agricultural markets, materials handling, earth moving, and logistics and supply chain sectors. The company has operations in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Barloworld is headquartered in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Barloworld Limited Key Recent Developments
Aug 30,2017: Caterpillar to supply power for B2Gold's Otjikoto Mine in Namibia
Aug 28,2017: Barloworld to set up a 7 MW solar power plant at Otjikoto mine in Namibia
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
Barloworld Limited-Key Facts 5
Barloworld Limited-Key Employees 6
Barloworld Limited-Key Employee Biographies 7
Barloworld Limited-Major Products and Services 8
Barloworld Limited-History 9
Barloworld Limited-Company Statement 11
Barloworld Limited-Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Joint Venture 15
Section 2 - Company Analysis 16
Company Overview 16
Barloworld Limited-Business Description 17
Business Segment: Automotive and Logistics 17
Business Segment: Corporate 17
Business Segment: Equipment 17
Barloworld Limited-Corporate Strategy 19
Barloworld Limited-SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis-Overview 20
Barloworld Limited-Strengths 20
Barloworld Limited-Weaknesses 21
Barloworld Limited-Opportunities 22
Barloworld Limited-Threats 23
Barloworld Limited-Key Competitors 24
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 31
Barloworld Limited, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 33
Aug 30, 2017: Caterpillar to supply power for B2Gold's Otjikoto Mine in Namibia 33
Aug 30, 2017: Caterpillar to supply power for B2Gold's Otjikoto Mine in Namibia 34
Section 5 - Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List of Figures
Barloworld Limited, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 29
Barloworld Limited, Ratio Charts 31
List of Tables
Barloworld Limited, Key Facts 5
Barloworld Limited, Key Employees 6
Barloworld Limited, Key Employee Biographies 7
Barloworld Limited, Major Products and Services 8
Barloworld Limited, History 9
Barloworld Limited, Subsidiaries 14
Barloworld Limited, Affiliate 14
Barloworld Limited, Joint Venture 15
Barloworld Limited, Key Competitors 24
Barloworld Limited, Ratios based on current share price 25
Barloworld Limited, Annual Ratios 26
Barloworld Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 27
Barloworld Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 28
Barloworld Limited, Interim Ratios 30
Barloworld Limited, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Alfa Laval AB AARD Mining Equipment (Pty) Ltd South African Inland Logistics Imperial Holdings Limited Bell Equipment Co DHL Express
Alfa Laval AB
AARD Mining Equipment (Pty) Ltd
South African Inland Logistics
Imperial Holdings Limited
Bell Equipment Co
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports