Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
The Animal Feed Market in India is showing remarkable growth owing to the rise in the livestock population which is responsible for accelerating its demand. Moreover, the livestock based food industry is also growing, which implies that there will be requirement for healthy livestock base to support the interlinked markets. So, ensuring proper nutritional feed intake of these animals become highly essential. All these factors are indicating towards the bright future of the Indian feed industry in the coming years.
The report begins with the introduction section which offers a brief description about animal feed, its various aspects and its role in the proper development of an animal. After this, the various factors determining the composition of animal feed are also discussed. It then moves into the market overview section, which provides an overview of the global animal feed market with details regarding its current market scenario and its overall production in the last two years. In addition to it, region wise breakup of feed production has been provided. Then, the share of different types of feeds in the overall feed production along with region wise production break up of those feeds is also included. The next section provides an insight about the Indian animal feed industry, highlighting the total production of feeds during the past years and its growth in the coming years. Again, the production breakup of different types of feed is provided. After this, details regarding India's share out of global livestock wealth, livestock's share in the overall farm output in India and share of cost of feed in the overall production cost in the animal based food products industry is also provided. The next section elaborates on the value chain analysis of the sector.
In the next section, segmentation of the animal feed industry based on different types of feeds is done. The categories include poultry feed, cattle feed and aqua feed and brief overview regarding each category is also provided.
A separate section on import and export of different types of animal feeds is also provided, highlighting the growth in import and export values over the years. Then, details regarding major importing and exporting nations are also provided.
An analysis of the drivers explains the factors for growth of the industry that include growth in livestock population, untapped market potential, increasing domestic consumption of animal based food products, growth of user industries, favourable demographics and increase in disposable income. The key challenges include rise in ingredient price, high pricing, lower impact on native breeds and unpredictable climatic conditions.
The next section speaks about the government initiatives in the animal feed market in India, which covers ongoing schemes, upcoming schemes under Union Budget 2012-13 and proposals under 12th five year plan, special initiatives for the year 2012 due to drought like condition along with some other initiatives.
The major trends identified in the sector include exhibitions and events, usage of information technology (IT), feed production from unusual sources, bypass protein, strategic activities and replacement of molasses.
The competition section offers a competitive landscape of the players by providing their financials and key financial ratios. It also provides elaborate information regarding the organizations. Key financial parameters constitute the financial performances of the players which are followed by business highlights. Porters Five Forces Analysis has been incorporated for a brief but effective understanding of the market scenario.
The report concludes with a section on strategic recommendations which comprises an analysis of the growth strategies for the animal feed market in India.
Slide 1: Executive summary
Slide 2: Introduction
Slide 3-4: Global Animal Feed Market-Overview, Production Volume (2010-2011) & region wise production breakup (2011)
Slide 5-6: Indian Animal Feed Market-Overview, Production Volume (2010-2016e) & feed wise production breakup (2012e)
Slide 7: Value Chain Analysis
Slide 8: Animal Feed Market Segmentation
Slide 9-11: Poultry Feed
Slide 12-13: Cattle Feed
Slide 14: Aqua Feed
Import & Export
Slide 15-17: Total Imports-Different Types of Animal Feeds (2008-2011)
Slide 18-20: Total Exports-Different Types of Animal Feeds (2008-2011)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 21: Summary
Slide 22-28: Drivers
Slide 29-33: Challenges
Slide 34-35: Ongoing Schemes
Slide 40: Upcoming Initiatives
Slide 41: Other Initiatives
Slide 42-43: Special Initiatives during 2012 in Response to Deficient Rainfall
Slide 44: Summary
Slide 42-53: Key Trends
Slide 54: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 55-91: Major Players
Slide 92-92: Strategic Recommendations
Slide 93: Appendix
Slide 94: Sources of Information
1. Global Animal Feed Market-Region Wise Production Breakup (2011)
2. Global Animal Feed Market-Feed Wise Consumption Breakup (2011)
3. Global Animal Feed Market-Region Wise Breakup of Poultry Feed Production (2011)
4. Global Animal Feed Market-Region Wise Breakup of Ruminant Feed Production (2011)
5. Global Animal Feed Market-Region Wise Breakup of Pig Feed Production (2011)
6. Global Animal Feed Market-Region Wise Breakup of Aqua Feed Production (2011)
7. Global Animal Feed Market-Region Wise Breakup of Other Feeds Production (2011)
8. Indian Animal Feed Market-Production Volume (2010-2016e)
9. Indian Animal Feed Market-Feed Wise Segmental Production Shares (2012e)
10. Indian Animal Feed Market-India's Livestock Share out of Global Livestock Population
11. Indian Animal Feed Market-Share of Livestock Sector out of Total Farm Output
12. Indian Animal Feed Market-Share of Feed Cost in the Overall Cost of production of Animal Based Food Products
1. Consumption Shares of Different Types of Animal Feeds
2. Poultry Feed-Feed Texture Wise Consumption Breakups
3. Cattle Feed-Organized and Unorganized Sector Shares
4. Aqua Feed-Organized and Unorganized Sector Shares
Import & Export
1. Imports-Total Imports (2008-2011)
2. Imports-Major Importing Nations-Value Wise (2011)
3. Exports-Total Exports (2008-2011)
4. Exports-Major Exporting Nations-Value Wise (2011)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Growth in Livestock Population-Total Bovines (2003-2007), Total Livestock (2003-2007) and Total Poultry (2003-2007)
2. Increasing Domestic Consumption of Animal Based Food Products-Per Capita Chicken Consumption (2011-2014e)
3. Untapped Market Potential-Demand-supply Gap of Feed And Fodder (2011-12)
4. Growth of User Industries-Egg Production (2009-10 to 2010-11), Milk Production (2009-10-2010-11), Meat Production (2009-10 to 2010-11) and Fish Production (2009-10-2010-11)
5. Favourable Demographics-Growing Population (2005-2030e) and Rise in Per Capita Income (2009-10 to 2011-12e)
6. Increase in Disposable Income-Aggregate Consumption (INR tr) and Aggregate Disposable Income (INR tr)
Animal Feed Market Player's Profiles
1. Company profiles (All companies)
a. Financial Snapshot (All Companies except SKM Animal Feeds & Foods India Ltd.)
b. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
c. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
1. Global-Animal Feed Production (2010-2011)
1. Poultry Feed-Raw Materials Used
2. Cattle Feed-Raw Materials
3. Aqua Feed-Raw Materials Used
1. Rise in Ingredient Price-Rise in Wholesale Price Index (WPI) of some of the raw materials
2. High Pricing-Poultry Feed Price Hikes
1. Upcoming Initiatives-Union Budget 2012-13
2. Special initiatives during 2012 in response to deficient rainfall-State Wise Fund Allotment
1. Bypass Protein-Utilities of Bypass Protein
Animal Feed Market Player's Profiles
1. Company Profiles
a. Company information
b. Products and services
c. Key people
d. Key Financial Performance Indicators
e. Key Ratios
f. Business Highlights
2. Sources of Information
Public Domestic Companies
Avanti Feeds Ltd.
Venky's India Ltd.
Private Domestic Companies
Avitech Nutrition Pvt. Ltd.
Godrej Agrovet Ltd.
Kaveri's Bio Proteins Pvt. Ltd.
Royal Agrofoods Pvt. Ltd.
SKM Animal Feeds & Foods (India) Ltd.
Varun Vet Care Pvt. Ltd.
Private Foreign Companies
Charoen Pokphand India Pvt. Ltd.
Cargill India Pvt. Ltd.
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports